IT Disposal & Money Returned to You
Return On IT has two WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) compliant IT disposal services offering money back:
- Remove IT – standard package for pickup of a pallet or similar which returns you £5
- Regeneration – bespoke disposal, the highest data security and in depth reports, with the majority of resale money returned to you
Both the Remove IT and Regeneration service will reuse and recycle old computers in a socially responsible and revenue generating way. We collect the equipment from your premises and issue a transfer note, and then on completion you receive notification of outcomes. When equipment recycling is the right outcome, this is done in the UK by being broken down and separated into constituent materials
The services differ by the level of flexibility, the details of audit and reporting, and degree of data security required. Talk to us about which service is right for you.
The Remove IT service is great for smaller organisations or those without specialist data security requirements who still need to know their data has been wiped or destroyed:
- A standard package to collect pallet(s) or similar of 30 or more items of IT (e.g. PC, monitor, laptop etc. we collect mice, cables and keyboards but they don’t count as an item)
- For larger data-centre kit a minimum of 300kg rather than 30 items
- Processing to include shredding or single-pass data wiping of disks
- Return of £5 for every pallet or similar container
The Regeneration service is for organisations with higher data security requirements, and with a large mixture of IT waste, some of which may have considerable residual value:
- A range of bespoke services tailorable to your needs to collect and process your old IT
- Where there is value in the equipment, it will be refurbished, data-wiped, and all the physical identifying tags removed
- Using our extensive network of contacts, we will look for a buyer willing to pay the best price
- The majority of any money made from the resale of equipment is returned to you
- Detailed reporting to individual disk level for data security e.g. serial number, degauss and disk wiping up to the highest military level
Money Back to You
It is your decision on what to do with the returned money. Some clients offset the cost of services and put it straight in to the IT budget, while others choose to use the fund to support their CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) strategy, towards environmental, charitable or community projects.
Buying Refurbished IT from Return On IT
Return On IT’s quality refurbished IT is very popular, and our customers include trade buyers, smaller organisations and individuals. To buy a refurbished PC, laptop or server, go to our eBay store. Trade buyers interested in quantities of refurbished IT should Contact Us.