Secure Collection, Data Erasure and IT Asset Cleaning
There are plenty of security solutions available for live IT environments, but how much thought goes on security for redundant systems? The processes used by Return On IT can be tailored to your organisation’s security strategy from initial audit and collection, through to data treatment, device shredding and reporting. We’ll help you meet your responsibilities to the the Data Protection Act and for WEEE compliance.
Return On IT services include:
- IT Asset Retirement consultancy and equipment audit
- Agreement of work, logistics and packaging
- Waste Transfer Note issued on collection
- Collection by WEEE registered carrier
- Full inventory of equipment prior to processing
It is imperative that the IT asset processing preserves the reputation of the original owner. Return On IT goes through a series of steps to ‘clean’ or breakdown the equipment and ensure that you continue to comply with the Data Protection Act.
If equipment is to be refurbished for reselling, the data is wiped and the asset physically cleaned of identifiers before being sold. If the equipment has no resale value, it is separated and recycled in the UK, with due account being taken of hazardous waste.
Where critical data such as financial or personnel is involved, Return On IT can offer enhanced collection and processing services:
- Equipment collected in locked cages
- Degaussing of disks to magnetically destroy the data
- Highest levels of internationally recognised (up to military specification) certificated multi-pass data wiping
- Disk wiping and shredding on your site to ensure only granules leave the premises
On completion of a consignment, typically after 3 to 6 months, an update is sent to the client. Depending on the level of service required, this Collection Inventory Certificate could include model and serial numbers, certificates of data wiping or destruction, a review of outcomes (e.g. reused or recycled) and value realised for the client.